Should Coaching be Mandatory?
My short answer is YES…
- I only want to ATTRACT people who want to get better (why would you hire someone not interested in mentorship)
- I only want to RETAIN people who want to get better (you are expected to continue paying them more each year so they should be expected to improve each year)
- 1:1 coaching has a far greater impact than cookie cutter education for all (have you been more impacted in your life by corporate trainers or mentors?)
- High performers will love it & get better (they are craving more mentorship & more control over their growth journey)
- Middle performers will appreciate it & get better (huge ROI if you can move them from B-players to A-players)
- Low performers will hate it & leave quicker (good)
- Managers manage… they aren’t trained coaches, they are already stretched too thin & employees won’t confide in them like they will with an external coach
- Building a performance culture means an obsession over rapid improvement in all areas… including each player on the team actively trying to get better
Do you agree or disagree?